Table of Contents
Emaar Properties or Emaar Developments is a multinational real estate development company located in the United Arab Emirates that launched in UAE. It is a public joint-stock company, it has stocks in the Dubai Financial Market, and has a valuation of US$15.5 billion as of June 2021.
Emaar is an international company that operates in more than five countries providing property development and management services. With six business segments and 60 active companies, Emaar has a collective existence in 36 markets across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe, and North America.
Emaar Properties Dubai is one of the largest real estate developers in the UAE and is known for several large-scale projects such as developing Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
The Dubai Mall officially opened in 2008, and Burj Khalifa in 2010. Despite a collapse in the real estate market in 2009, Emaar reported that Burj Khalifa had reached 80 percent residency by the fall of 2012. By 2014, Emaar owned $11.4 billion in real estate investments.
The History of Emaar Dubai
In 2009, John Laing Homes, a subsidiary of Emaar Properties was acquired in 2006.
The Dubai Marina district
- In September 2012, Emaar established Address BLVD, a fancy 72-story hotel.
- In 2014, Emaar Properties announced intentions to sell shares of its malls to the public.
- Emaar Dubai Malls Group became a famous traded company on the Dubai Financial Market in October 2014.
- Also in 2014, Emaar Dubai launched the world's highest observation deck, At the Top, Burj Khalifa SKY.
- Emaar Dubai participated in the New Year with the world's most watched NYE celebration in 2015 and won prizes and great titles for its impressive effort on the world’s tallest building.
- In March 2015, Emaar established the Emaar Foundation which helps the United Nations' World Food Programme and companies such as Dubai Cares and the Dream for Future Africa Foundation.
The Most Famous Projects Developed by Emaar Dubai
- The Dubai Mall, developed by Emaar Properties, is the second world's largest shopping mall. The soft opening was in November 2008 and was launched in May 2009. The Dubai Mall has over 1,200 retail stores and 200 fancy restaurants. It also provides exciting activities like Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Ice Rink, KidZania, and the largest cinema complex in the region, Reel Cinemas. In 2014.
- Another fascinating development project established by Emaar Properties in the Downtown Dubai area is The Dubai Fountain. The Dubai Fountain is the tallest fountain in the world launched in 2009. The length of the fountain is 75 meters.
- Emaar also developed the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, which launched in 2010. The building is 2,716.5 feet tall. The origin of this name is the Abu Dhabi ruler Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The Springs Community
Emaar Properties has also developed a collection of compounds throughout Dubai including:
- Arabian Ranches
- Dubai Marina.
- The Meadows.
- The Greens.
- The Lakes.
- The Springs.
All communities established by Emaar properties are built in a look-like architecture and are noticeable at first sight. They follow the recent Arabic architecture themes including colors.
In 2013, Emaar launched several other projects including:
- The Address Residence Fountain Views I, II, and III.
- Burj Vista.
- The Address Residence Sky View.
- Boulevard Point and Vida Residence—all in Downtown Dubai.
- A new establishment in Downtown Dubai from Emaar is the Opera District. Key highlights include the Dubai Opera House, the country's first designated opera house as well as a variety of design studios and other lifestyle amenities.
- Emaar owns Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building standing with a height of 828-metre