Table of Contents
The origins of the city can be traced back to the early 18th century and for about a hundred years Dubai was a small village with a population of fewer than 1,000 people. However, due to its geographic location, it developed into an important trading center and in the 1960s became a global gold trading center. At last A decade of oil discoveries and a huge infrastructure boom. In just a few years the city has roughly quadrupled and is starting to attract many people. Still, the city's oil reserves are modest and this energy today accounts for only about 5% of Dubai's GDP. Here comes the rest From financial services tourism and many other forms of trade.
Follow this guide from Dubai Luxury Tours to make the most of your trip even if you're short on time. These are the top sights and must-dos on your day trip to Dubai.
Early Morning Balloon Ride
If you decide to start your day in Dubai (and you really should) you will be picked up at your hotel and taken to the launch site at dawn. There you'll glide over rolling dunes in a balloon while the pilot watches the desert sunrise over the city.
- Flying with a falcon at 4,000 feet above the ground has some fantastic effects on your heart.
- After your flight, you'll freshen up in a private desert sanctuary and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- You’ll go back to your hotel by 9 am. Be sure to book in advance if you wish Enjoy a wonderful start to a day trip to Dubai.
If you're just looking for some clean even adrenaline-pumping fun you can always spend your morning at Atlantis Aquaventure.
Atlantis Aquaventure even has a private beach that you can use when you get tired of the incredible waterslides around. Whether you're in town alone or with the whole family there's something for everyone here in Dubai.
Burj Al Arab
A surprising number of tourists will visit this iconic building as an important part of their day trips to Dubai.
- Burj Al Arab is actually one of the tallest hotels in the world but thanks to its fantastic architecture it has become one of the icons of Dubai.
- It is designed to be in The shape of a sail which has won numerous awards for its design over the years.
- While it's hard for the average person to book a room there.
- It's certainly a great place to take some photos and one of the things to enjoy in Dubai.
Dubai’s Spice Souks
What to see after this great ride? Just hop on the metro to Al Ras Station 400 meters from Deira to explore Dubai's spice and gold souks.
- Enjoy browsing through the golden piles of the most expensive herb and spice silk shawl handicrafts. Barter and buy Something to take home.
- If you make this place part of your Dubai bucket list you won't regret it.
Directly in front of Deira Souk is the old Dubai Creek. Hop on an "Abbara" (a long boat) and cross the creek to Bur Dubai on the other side. Explore and shop in that part of the city. What to watch there? You definitely must visit the old and amazing Sheikh Mohammed Mosque.
Of all the things to do in Dubai visiting this incredible landmark is probably the most amazing. Get off at Burj Khalifa Metro Station just 13 km from Deira.
- Buy the ticket and go up to the observation deck on the 148th floor and enjoy the wonderful city View.
- The world's tallest building at 828 meters is a stunning sight from any angle.
The world's largest elaborate fountain is located on the beautiful Tower Lake in front of the Burj Khalifa. Watch jets of water up to 140 meters high.
- There is a show every half hour each time with a different design and song.
- Don't forget to enjoy the Dubai Fountain Lake tour.
- It is an exclusive fun and very exciting activity that you must try.
The Dubai Mall is just across from the Burj Khalifa. Had lunch at a great restaurant in the food court. Enjoy delicious burgers at Five Guys or delicious Indian food at Pappa Roti. You can also check out the list of restaurants in this mall to find one that suits you better.
If you don't know what to see next in Dubai, Dubai mall is considered to be the largest shopping mall in the world, it has 1,000 stores, hundreds of restaurants, and unique activities. For example, you can visit the indoor theme park Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, and Dubai Ice Rink.
On the other hand, if you don't know what to do with kids in Dubai KidZania is just 3 minutes from Dubai Mall and is an interactive "city" for kids with kid-sized buildings, cars, offices, and gardens. Kids can take any job here, get career advice in uniform, and even KidZos pay and drive small cars!
Visiting the Sega Republic is another amazing thing to do with kids in Dubai. Located near KidZania kids can enjoy 16-speed rides 170 video and arcade games and a virtual play area where you can snowboard sleds for free fall rides; battle the dead and more.
If you don't have kids you can bypass KidZania and SEGA Republic and take the metro to Dubai Marina for a yacht ride.
- Important: Book your cruise in advance.
- Set sail for two hours off the coast of Dubai on a Gulf Craft motor yacht passing Burj Al Arab Atlantis the Palm and The Palm Palm Jumeirah.
- If you take the metro line Dubai Marina is 23 minutes from the SEGA Republic.